Thursday, February 13, 2014

Building Businesses with Economics!!

In our third grade social studies goals we are to learn about the workings of the economy. The new standards are a bit vague and so it was time to come up with some new ways to learn about the economy and still have fun. I decided to create a project to go along with our goals. In the past we have tried mini economies and making products but the new goals are more of a focus on the resources, location and vocabulary. So, in this project we will discuss the key terms that are in the curriculum and then the students will work in collaborative groups to create a business. I don't have any pictures to show as we are just getting started in this unit. I will post more once we have finished. If you want to check out my project it is available at my TpT store. Click on the picture below to see the product. I hope that my students will learn how much goes into a starting a business and all of the decisions that need to be made in order for one to succeed. If all goes well there will be some wonderful, creative thinking and planning going on!

Economic Business Project

No comments:

Post a Comment