Thursday, October 24, 2013

Friendly Letter Foldable

The last couple of weeks we have been working on friendly letters. My class has written letters to classmates, teachers, and even President Obama!! We discuss the parts of a friendly letter and what is entailed in each one. Inspired by Pinterest, I created a foldable to help students illustrate each part of the letter. Take a look below at some student work and if you are interested hop on over to my TPT store and grab the foldable to use in your class!!

I made a template with a boy and a girl, but the inside is the same. The head of the foldable holds the heading and greeting, the middle is the body of the letter, and the feet are the closing and signature. 
(click HERE to get this activity)

Students can cut on the dotted lines so they can focus on one part of the letter at a time. This is great to put into an interactive reading journal as well.


At our school we focus on showing good character and write character mail to each other. So, I had my students write a character letter to another student or teacher at our school. This child decided to write to his kindergarten reading buddy.  The foldable ended up being our rough drafts. We then wrote our final copies on a fall paper to send out.

I hope that you enjoyed seeing some of our work and can use this in your classrooms!!


No comments:

Post a Comment